Last week's progress is listed here https://www.josephcatrambone.com/?p=1109.
I spent a while running through the game in its current state and think that it's fitting to add at least a few of the following features.
- Main menu with start/settings/quit.
- The 'fighter body' should broadcast the "damage taken" event to child nodes so they can record whether or not they're dead. Dead enemies should be despawned.
- End-of-level triggers need to fire.
Good to haves:
- Motion feels very limited right now. Jumping would go a good ways to helping that, as would having different attacked based on whether or not one was jumping or moving.
- Perfect-time parrying. Right now a user can cancel into a block at certain times, but there's no reward for having anything above 'okay' timing.
- Rebindable keys would be very nice.
I know I should work on having a level completion and a main menu before adding any of the extras, and I expect I'll do as much, but I want to keep track of these items to I can refer back here and see how much I set out to accomplish and how much I actually accomplished.